Ramin’s instructor training was licensed and accredited by the Royal Society for Public Health and his instructor license is with MHFA England. All participants on this course will receive a workbook and a manual, and on completion, MHFA England will provide your certificate.
59% of all long-term absence from work is due to mental ill health.
What will I learn?
On this two day course you’ll gain a deeper understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect your own and others’ mental wellbeing. You’ll gain the practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health difficulties and gain the confidence to step in and support a person in distress, as well as gaining the knowledge to help them recover by guiding them to the appropriate support. You’ll feel confident in implementing the Mental Health First Aid Action Plan.
Evaluation tells us that this course:
- Raises awareness of mental health literacy
- Reduces the stigma around mental ill health
- Boosts knowledge and confidence in dealing with mental health challenges
- Promotes early intervention which supports recovery
Face to face training
- Ran over 2 full days. Ideally, but not necessarily, 2 consecutive days.
- Course materials provided on the day.
- Maximum number of participants for any MHFA course is 16.
- Delivered through the MHFA learning hub, enabley platform.
- 4 live training sessions are spread across 1-2 weeks, with self-learning activities in-between. These are also completed through the learning hub.
- Maximum number of participants for any MHFA course is 16. For online courses we would recommend no more than 12.
- Provide an address for delivery of course materials.
The guidance for the timings of the learning is:
- Individual learning: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Live Session 1: 3 hours
- Individual Learning: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Live Session 2: 2 hours 30 minutes
- Individual Learning: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Live Session 3: 2 hours 30 minutes
- Individual Learning: 1 hour 35 minutes
- Live Session 4: 3 hours
- Certificate issued by MHFA England for all who complete the full course
- A manual to refer to whenever needed
- Quick reference card for the MHFA Action Plan
- Workbook including self-help toolkit
MHFA England state the cost is £300 per person, with a minimum of 8 people per course. We’re able to train between 8 and 16 people at different locations across Cumbria, or, we can travel to you.
I am ordinarily able to offer this course for £2400 for an online course of up to 12 people or £3200 if face to face for up to 16 people.
We’re keen to support local organisations and as many people as possible who want to access this training, therefore we’d encourage you to get in touch to discuss prices and we can be as flexible as possible.
If you’d like any more information or an informal chat, get in touch with Ramin via the contact form, or on 01539 241620, 07792 515428, firstname.lastname@example.org